Unlock the full potential of the UK’s emerging economy with Real-Time Industrial Classifications from The Data City.
Over 350+ Sectors Mapped
Discover over 350 emerging economy sectors, including Net Zero, AgriTech, FinTech, Artificial Intelligence and more.
All available with a license
Access all our RTICs within our platform with a license from The Data City and create your own bespoke insights today.
Build your own classifications
Create your own custom classifications and map emerging economies with the help of our data experts and AI platform.
View our RTICsPreview our database of RTICs today and see our platform data in action. View sector summaries, market size, financials, investment, growth and download our free reports today.
- Sector Code Description Records
Companies that create technology and SaaS platforms that marketers use to target, design, deliver and review the effectiveness of their advertising.
- AdTech: AdExchange136 companies
Companies creating a digital marketplace where advertisers and publishers can interact
- AdTech: Advertisers245 companies
Companies providing technology enabling advertisers to reach audiences and offer products/services
- AdTech: Data Management and Analysis444 companies
Companies offering online platforms that support data analytics and management for advertisers and publishers
- AdTech: Programmatic Platforms244 companies
Companies providing online platforms that automatically buy and sell online advertising
- AdTech: Publishers261 companies
Companies that offer technology to those that sell or hire online space for advertisement purposes
Companies using the most innovative technologies and processes to increase productivity, often in the highest value-add parts of manufacturing sectors.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Advanced Measurement279 companies
Companies which can complete the measurement of workpieces between operations with high speed, high efficiency, high accuracy and high flexibility.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Artificial Intelligence602 companies
Companies leveraging AI and machine learning, manufacturers can improve operational efficiency, launch new products, customize product designs and plan future financial action.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Augmented and Virtual Reality227 companies
Enhancing and augmenting existing product and service design and enabling entirely new techniques using virtual worlds
- Advanced Manufacturing: Coating Tech1330 companies
Companies offering services for covering that is applied to the surface of an object, usually referred to as the substrate. The purpose of applying the coating may be decorative, functional, or both.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Computer Aided Manufacturing2296 companies
Companies using software and computer-controlled machinery to automate a manufacturing process.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Cutting and Machining1038 companies
Cutting is a technique where the operator moves a material (workpiece) such as metal and the tool in relation to each other in order to shape the workpiece into the desired form through shaving, drilling, etc
- Advanced Manufacturing: Data Services517 companies
Companies using data to drive efficient and responsive production systems.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Digital Design1754 companies
Digital Design, Manufacturing & Services (DDMS) is a digital-first approach to the way products are designed, manufactured and operated.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Digital Twins123 companies
The digital twin is a virtual representation of the as-designed, as-built, and as-maintained physical product
- Advanced Manufacturing: Forging1858 companies
Forging is a manufacturing process involving the shaping of a metal through hammering, pressing, or rolling.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Forming1616 companies
Forming is a mechanical process used in manufacturing industries wherein materials (mostly metals) undergo plastic deformations and acquire required shapes and sizes by application of suitable stresses such as compression, shear and tension
- Advanced Manufacturing: Industrial IoT554 companies
The industrial internet of things (IIoT) refers to interconnected sensors, instruments, and other devices networked together with computers’ industrial applications.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Moulding560 companies
A process that involves shaping a liquid or malleable raw material by using a fixed frame; known as either a mould or a matrix.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Prototyping1793 companies
Companies creating early samples, models, or releases of a product built to test a concept or process.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Robotics and Automation975 companies
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is software that is integrated with business processes in order to automate certain activities, minimize human errors, and maximize productivity
Companies working to create, commercialise, and improve materials and products incorporating advanced materials. RTIC developed in partnership with government and experts from the KTN in Q1 2021.
- Advanced Materials: Biomaterials114 companies
Companies creating innovative bio materials
- Advanced Materials: Carbon-Based183 companies
Companies developing new carbon-based materials, like graphene
- Advanced Materials: Coatings516 companies
Companies developing coatings for advanced manufacturing products/technologies, or to be used in harsh environments
- Advanced Materials: Composites420 companies
Companies providing innovative composites
- Advanced Materials: Electrochemical186 companies
Companies providing electrochemical materials crucial for electronic devices
- Advanced Materials: Emergent232 companies
Companies pioneering the field of emergent materials, like 2D materials.
- Advanced Materials: Metals396 companies
Companies creating specialised alloys
- Advanced Materials: Optics and Photonics202 companies
Companies producing materials for the photonics and optics industry, and/or application of photonics and optics knowledge to new materials
- Advanced Materials: Polymers351 companies
Companies developing new polymer-based materials
- Advanced Materials: Technical Ceramics and Glass230 companies
Companies engaging in the production of technical ceramics and glass
- Advanced Materials: Technical Textiles227 companies
Companies dedicated to the development of technical textiles
Companies providing marketing, advertising and product promotion and sales services.
- Agency Market: Analytics521 companies
Companies providing analytics products or services oriented to marketing purposes.
- Agency Market: Branding3281 companies
Companies offering products or services aimed towards the definition and reinforcement of commercial brands
- Agency Market: Creative3704 companies
Companies specialised in the design of strategies and resources (i.e., imagery or video) to attract audiences.
- Agency Market: Customer Relationship Management435 companies
Companies providing services, tactics and technologies to improve the interaction between businesses and clients.
- Agency Market: Digital Transformation222 companies
Companies focused on the desing of technologies and implementation strategies for further digitalisation of marketing practices.
- Agency Market: E-commerce platforms2342 companies
Companies providing services and technologies to allow third parties to sell online.
- Agency Market: Performance Marketing3373 companies
Companies providing digital marketing products such as Pay Per Click, Search Engine Optimisation or Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- Agency Market: Public Relations1825 companies
Companies designing strategic communications to maintain and strengthen the links with clients and audiences.
- Agency Market: Social Media804 companies
Companies specialised in the commercialisation of products and services through social media platforms.
- Agency Market: User Experience1668 companies
Companies dedicated to the study, design and publicitation of products from the point of view of the consumer.
Companies developing and implementing new agricultural technologies, with an additional focus on Net Zero advancements in the field.
- AgriTech: AgSciences515 companies
Companies in the field of life sciences pushing for agricultural innovation by providing specialised products or services, like GMO seeds
- AgriTech: Automation150 companies
Companies producing machinery and/or technology that enable the automation of agricultural processes
- AgriTech: Drone Technology99 companies
Companies providing drone technology, or services reliant on drone technology, to the agricultural industry
- AgriTech: Management Platforms209 companies
Companies providing software and/or platforms that enable agricultural data management and analytics
- AgriTech: Precision Farming83 companies
Set of products and/or services that enable real-time and off-field monitoring and control of agricultural processes
- AgriTech: Remote Sensing377 companies
Companies providing products that make possible agricultural monitoring off-field
- AgriTech: Vertical Farming114 companies
Companies producing the technology and related services and infrastructure that enable vertical farming
Companies working with artificial intellience (often machine learning) in areas such as; Data Analysis, Enabling Platforms, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Blockchain, GreenTech, Life Sciences, Industry 4.0 and Automation, Systems Optimisation, Signal Processing
- Artificial Intelligence: Blockchain218 companies
Companies producing AI algorithms for blockchain products and services
- Artificial Intelligence: Data Analysis1534 companies
Companies providing AI technology for data processing and analysis
- Artificial Intelligence: Enabling Platforms592 companies
Companies that build AI applications into intuitive platforms for non-expert users
- Artificial Intelligence: Green Tech376 companies
Companies using AI to create products and/or services aimed towards net zero, environmental monitoring or energy management
- Artificial Intelligence: Image Processing374 companies
Companies providing AI products that allow for the in-depth analysis of still images
- Artificial Intelligence: Industry 4.0 and Automation359 companies
Companies creating AI products that supporting smart factories and automation for the manufacturing sector
- Artificial Intelligence: Life Sciences241 companies
Companies creating AI applications supporting innovation and research in the field of life sciences
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning1153 companies
Companies integrating machine learning algorithms into AI products
- Artificial Intelligence: Natural Language Processing177 companies
Companies developing AI technology capable to find patterns, meaning and tone in text data
- Artificial Intelligence: Signal Processing320 companies
Companies producing AI technology that can identify, process and analyse inputs (voice, video, movement, temperature, etc.) in real-time
- Artificial Intelligence: Systems Optimisation163 companies
Companies producing AI applications aimed to improve the functionality and precision of other technologies/applications
- RTIC0080 Autonomy and Robotics 962 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Collaboration and Integration118 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Reasoning and Acting150 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Robotic Integration346 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Robotic Manipulation181 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Robotic Mobility288 companies
- Autonomy and Robotics: Sensing and Perception487 companies
- RTIC0083 Biopharmaceutical 1414 companies
Companies involved in the development and production of innovative medical solutions, including antibodies, vaccines, advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), small molecule therapeutics, and blood and cell products.
- Biopharmaceutical: Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs)483 companies
Companies engaged in the research and manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) encompassing cell therapies, tissue engineered products (TEPs), combination products, and gene therapies.
- Biopharmaceutical: Antibodies314 companies
Companies involved in the research and/or manufacture of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies as well as antibody fragments.
- Biopharmaceutical: Blood & Tissue Product73 companies
Companies engaged in the manufacture or research of human cells or tissue products intended for implantation, transplantation, infusion or transfer into a human.
- Biopharmaceutical: Small Molecules572 companies
Companies involved in the manufacturing and research of small organic compounds with low molecular weight that can be taken orally and easily enter cells to target specific areas within them.
- Biopharmaceutical: Therapeutic protein182 companies
Companies involved in the manufacturing and research of protein-based drug including recombinant, non-recombinant, blood factors and peptides.
- Biopharmaceutical: Vaccines419 companies
Companies involved in the manufacutring/research of vaccines such as viral, DNA-based, cell-based, recombinant protein, and cellular vaccines.
Companies providing services that facilitate the activity of third party businesses.
- Business Support Services: Employment and Recruitment Services11503 companies
Companies offering recruitment services.
- Business Support Services: Landscaping and Cleaning Services11722 companies
Companies specialised in providing services to buildings and. landscaping activities
- Business Support Services: Machinery Rental Services2697 companies
Companies leasing machinery for professional/industrial purposes.
- Business Support Services: Office Support Services5418 companies
Companies offering support services for office environments.
- Business Support Services: Security Services4925 companies
Companies providing physical security services and security systems.
- Business Support Services: Vehicle Rental Services1086 companies
Companies offering car, light motor vehicle and van/truck rentals.
Companies in clean energy, environmentally sustainable product or service design and provision such as water purification, biofuels and other adapted goods.
- CleanTech: Adapted Goods401 companies
Companies reformulating products in order to make them more sustainable
- CleanTech: Agriculture, Forestry and Biodiversity379 companies
Companies providing technologies that allow the environmental monitoring of agricultural processes, forests and wildlife.
- CleanTech: Energy Production, Management and Storage2276 companies
Companies providing products for the effective supervision of energy usage, management and efficiency
- CleanTech: Environmental Protection and Monitoring1127 companies
Companies specialised in the production of technologies that facilitate environmental management and environmental health monitoring
- CleanTech: Mining, Fuels and Biofuels387 companies
Companies developing new technologies and/or products aimed to make the fuel/mining industries more sustainable
- CleanTech: Water Processing878 companies
Companies creating technologies that allow for an in-depth analysis of water quality and usage
- RTIC0005 Computer Hardware 1870 companies
Companies designing, integrating, or reselling computer hardware including but not limited to; Central Processing Units, Embedded Systems, Graphics Processing Unit, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, Semiconductor electronics
- Computer Hardware: Central Processing Units41 companies
Companies providing central processing units
- Computer Hardware: Embedded Systems495 companies
Companies providing services related to/developing proprietary embedded systems
- Computer Hardware: Field Programmable Gate Arrays195 companies
Companies that produce, maintain or develop FPGAs
- Computer Hardware: Graphics Processing Unit30 companies
Companies providing graphic processing units
- Computer Hardware: Semiconductor electronics1326 companies
Companies designing and/or manufacturing semiconductor technologies and/or hardware components
Companies offering products and/or services enabling or assisting with the transaction, investment or mining of blockchain currencies or the application of non fungible tokens to other uses.
- Cryptocurrency Economy: Blockchain318 companies
Companies providing blockchain technology for cryptocurrency transactions
- Cryptocurrency Economy: Investment928 companies
Companies creating structures that enable guided investment in cryptocurrencies
- Cryptocurrency Economy: Legal Services148 companies
Companies specialised in the provision of legal advice and services to individuals/organisations involved in the cryptocurrency market
- Cryptocurrency Economy: Mining162 companies
Companies developing technology or providing digital spaces for crypto mining
- Cryptocurrency Economy: Wallet840 companies
Companies offering digital wallets that allow for cryptocurrency trading and storage
Companies working across the cybersecurity and computer safety sector; Cryptographic Authentication, Endpoint Security, Identity Management, IoT Security, Network Security, Incident Detection and Response, Risk Management, Threat Management.
- Cyber: Cryptographic Authentication480 companies
Companies specialising in technologies and processes that enable cryptographic authentication within the identity access space
- Cyber: Endpoint Security1051 companies
Companies providing hardware or software that protects devices when accessing networks.
- Cyber: Identity Management1140 companies
Companies developing products or services that control user access, for example with passwords, biometrics, or multi-factor authentication.
- Cyber: Incident Detection and Response1164 companies
Companies helping other organisations react, respond or recover from cyber-attacks
- Cyber: IoT Security794 companies
Companies offering products or services to embed or retrofit security for Internet of Things devices or networks
- Cyber: Network Security2234 companies
Companies providing hardware or software designed to protect the usability and integrity of a network.
- Cyber: Risk Management2769 companies
Companies providing products or services that support other organisations to manage cyber risks, for example around security compliance or data leakage
- Cyber: Threat Management1322 companies
Companies involved in the development of products for monitoring/detecting threats to networks and systems.
Companies involved in; Data Centre Cooling, Data Centres, Data Storage, Data Infrastructure Hardware, Data Infrastructure Services, Data Infrastructure Software, Trusted Execution Environments.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Centre Cooling156 companies
Companies developing and providing highly efficient cooling technologies for data centres.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Centres1061 companies
Companies providing the technological resources to process the information coming from one or various organisations.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Infrastructure Hardware3833 companies
Companies providing and developing hardware and infrastructural components that make possible systematic data transfer.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Infrastructure Services6659 companies
Companies offering complementary services for overall data practice.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Infrastructure Software2065 companies
Companies developing and commercialising software that contribute to efficient data management, transfer and storage -among others.
- Data Infrastructure: Data Storage2674 companies
Companies focusing in the provision of data governance and storage services.
- Data Infrastructure: Trusted Execution Environments471 companies
Companies structuring secure locations within a principal processor, ensuring that the information is protected.
- RTIC0077 Data Intermediaries 1115 companies
- Data Intermediaries: Data Co-operatives387 companies
- Data Intermediaries: PDS/PIMS252 companies
- Data Intermediaries: Undefined Intermediaries1081 companies
Companies providing technological products and services that support design, prototyping and production.
- Design and Modelling Technologies: 3D Modelling and Scanning716 companies
Companies providing the technology and/or services that enable 3D modelling and professional image rendering
- Design and Modelling Technologies: Computer Aided Design874 companies
Companies producing and/or applying computer applications that facilitate the design process.
- Design and Modelling Technologies: Digital Twins342 companies
Companies developing the technology and expertise that support the creation of digital twins
- Design and Modelling Technologies: XReality252 companies
Companies applying augmented, virtual or mixed reality technologies to aid design processes
Companies using new technologies in creative markets such as advertising, film, and music.
- Digital Creative Industries: Advertising20 companies
Companies using digital technologies for advertising and marketing campaigns, products or services
- Digital Creative Industries: Architecture3052 companies
Companies using computer aided design (CAD) software and similar technology for architecture
- Digital Creative Industries: Culture and Heritage244 companies
Companies providing digital technologies to culture and heritage sites to enhance visitors’ experience
- Digital Creative Industries: Design2957 companies
Companies applying digital tools for design purposes
- Digital Creative Industries: Entertainment and Performing Arts1693 companies
Companies using digital technologies for the production and/or enhancement of entertainment products and performances
- Digital Creative Industries: Non-fungible Tokens81 companies
Companies involved in the production of NFTs and digital art
- Digital Creative Industries: Photography1535 companies
Companies applying digital tools for photography production or post-production
- Digital Creative Industries: Streaming401 companies
Companies offering streaming services and infrastructure for the distribution of digital content
Companies supporting E-Commerce sector through platform development, inventory management, tracking and logistics services.
- E-Commerce: Inventory85 companies
Companies offering inventory management services
- E-Commerce: Platform307 companies
Companies aiding in the development and the design of e-commerce platforms
- E-Commerce: Tracking1345 companies
Companies offering shipment and tracking services
Companies creating technology that supports teaching and learning and enhances educational outcomes.
- EdTech: Artificial Intelligence155 companies
Companies applying AI technologies to manage digital learning environments and related data.
- EdTech: Devices439 companies
Companies providing devices such as computers, tablets, whiteboards and others specifically used for educational uses
- EdTech: Digital Learning785 companies
Companies developing products and/or services that enable the establishment of virtual learning environments.
- EdTech: Immersive Experiences186 companies
Companies applying immersive technologies for training and education purposes
- EdTech: Learning Management Systems647 companies
Companies offering LMS software, which is used for delivering, tracking and managing training/education.
Companies that design, integrate or manufacture electronics, especially microelectronics, or that provide allied services to the electronics industry.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Communications1833 companies
Companies producing communications equipment and infrastructures
- Electronics Manufacturing: Computer manufacture590 companies
Companies manufacturing the building blocks of computers, accessories. Companies assembling computers.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Electromedical technologies556 companies
Companies producing professional medical electrical equipment
- Electronics Manufacturing: Electronic components and boards998 companies
Companies involved in the manufacturing of electronic components and boards (printed circuit boards, systems on chip, FPGAs, ASICs)
- Electronics Manufacturing: Energy generation or distribution tech803 companies
Companies manufacturing and supplying different equipment for energy distribution and management
- Electronics Manufacturing: Measuring and metrology devices1376 companies
Companies dedicated to the manufacture of measuring instruments
- Electronics Manufacturing: Optical devices497 companies
Companies involved in the manufacture of optics products and components.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Repair services1154 companies
Organisations providing the technologies and infrastructure involved in the ground segment of data downlink including ground stations, services, and terminals.
Companies involved in techniques used to generate energy from fossil fuels, nuclear power plants, solar panels, biofuels, wind amongst other sources.
- Energy Generation: Bioenergy2020 companies
- Energy Generation: Fossil Fuels2459 companies
- Energy Generation: Hydrogen661 companies
- Energy Generation: Hydropower395 companies
- Energy Generation: Nuclear290 companies
- Energy Generation: Nuclear Fusion46 companies
- Energy Generation: Offshore Wind799 companies
Companies using offshore wind to produce electricity and companies engaged in the maintenance of offshore wind facilities.
- Energy Generation: Onshore Wind826 companies
Companies using onshore wind to produce electricity.
- Energy Generation: Renewable Thermal1354 companies
- Energy Generation: Solar3384 companies
Companies creating infrastructural networks, technology and software and the provision of services to administrate energy use and consumption
- Energy Management: AI and IoT2014 companies
Companies applying AI and/or IoT technology to monitor and manage energy consumption
- Energy Management: Energy Management Systems3920 companies
Companies developing software products that aid with energy monitoring and management
- Energy Management: Smart Grid782 companies
Companies developing and maintaining smart grids
- Energy Management: Smart Meter309 companies
Companies developing smart meters technologies and infrastructures
Companies designing and producing innovative technologies to store electricity or heat that has been previously produced.
- Energy Storage: Batteries2747 companies
Companies engaging in the production and development of battery technology.
- Energy Storage: Hydrogen435 companies
Companies using hydrogen as a resource for energy storage.
- Energy Storage: Mechanical524 companies
Companies providing the infrastructure and products that enable mechanical energy storage
- Energy Storage: Thermal120 companies
Companies providing the infrastructure and products that enable thermal energy storage.
- Energy Storage: Uninterruptible power supply209 companies
Companies developing the technologies and related products to build infrastructures that allow for uninterrupted energy supply
- RTIC0085 Engineering Biology Application 911 companies
Companies involved in the Applications side of Engineering biology sector. This RTIC has been developed through a collaboration between DSIT internal subject matter experts and analysts, soliciting feedback with the cross-Whitehall Engineering Biology network and The Data City over summer 2023. They have been integral in the taxonomy development as well as quality assurance. To understand the taxonomy or the caveats associated with the RTIC do get in touch with the DSIT engbio team or with Data city. The current RTIC will have future updates, if and when there are new sources that are brought to the attention of the DSIT EngBio team. Or, DSIT deem the list to need a substantive update due to time elapsed or if there are new subsectors to include. To suggest updates, please email [email protected] with the title ‘The Data City RTIC: New company suggestions’
- Engineering Biology Application: Agriculture & Food – Agriculture / Eco-Friendly Agrochemicals28 companies
Companies using engineering biology to create products for the agricultural sector.
- Engineering Biology Application: Agriculture & Food – Foods (such as alternative meat/protein/fat)23 companies
Companies involved in using engineering biology to create foods such as cultured meats, alternative proteins and fats that offer an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional farming methods.
- Engineering Biology Application: Biofuels & Hydrogen9 companies
Companies involved in developing engineering biology systems for producing chemical fuels.
- Engineering Biology Application: Biological Materials & Reagents – Nucleotide synthesis & sequencing53 companies
Companies engaged in the manufacturing of equipment and serving as suppliers for DNA sequencing, synthesis, and various nucleotide-related products.
- Engineering Biology Application: Chemicals & Materials – Biosensing5 companies
Companies involved in etecting molecules using living systems/organic technology inspired by living systems.
- Engineering Biology Application: Chemicals & Materials – High Value Compounds47 companies
Companies involved in fermenting engineered organisms to create high value chemicals
- Engineering Biology Application: Chemicals & Materials – Products (such as biobased/degradable products & sustainable fashion)11 companies
Companies involved in developing biobased & biodegradable material products, such as environmentally friendly and novel ways to produce dyes, silk, and packaging etc.
- Engineering Biology Application: Environment & CO2 capture – Bio Energy & Carbon Capture6 companies
Companies involved in engineering biology for creating electricity, and for converting carbon dioxide or other gasseous carbon compounds into products.
- Engineering Biology Application: Health & Life Sciences774 companies
Companies invcolved in Engineering biology for the healthcare industry, human or veterinary
- RTIC0086 Engineering Biology Supply Chain 944 companies
Companies involved in the supplychain side of engineering biology sector.This RTIC has been developed through a collaboration between DSIT internal subject matter experts and analysts, soliciting feedback with the cross-Whitehall Engineering Biology network and The Data City over summer 2023. They have been integral in the taxonomy development as well as quality assurance. To understand the taxonomy or the caveats associated with the RTIC do get in touch with the DSIT engbio team or with Data city. The current RTIC will have future updates, if and when there are new sources that are brought to the attention of the DSIT EngBio team. Or, DSIT deem the list to need a substantive update due to time elapsed or if there are new subsectors to include. To suggest updates, please email [email protected] with the title ‘The Data City RTIC: New company suggestions’
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Biological Materials & Reagents – Biological Materials & Reagents282 companies
Companies providing biological materials and reagent-related products and services to engineering biology firms
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Biological Materials & Reagents – Nucleotide synthesis & sequencing53 companies
Companies engaged in the manufacturing of equipment and serving as suppliers for DNA sequencing, synthesis, and various nucleotide-related products.
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Computational – AI / Bioinformatics / Omics / Software90 companies
Companies providing computational-related services and products to engineering biology firms
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Computational – Robotics136 companies
Companies providing computational-related services and products to engineering biology firms
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Computational – Supercomputing75 companies
Companies providing computational-related services and products to engineering biology firms
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Diagnostics179 companies
Companies providing equipment for diagnostics including tools for quality assurance and control
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Physical Assets – Pilot / Mass Manufacturing62 companies
Companies hardware-related products and services to engineering biology firms
- Engineering Biology Supply Chain: Physical Assets – Supply Chain Small Scale Manufacturing484 companies
Companies providing hardware-related products and services to engineering biology firms
- RTIC0052 FinTech 6092 companies
Companies involved in the creation, facilitation and commercialisation of software, service, and intelligent technologies to support financial institutions and personal finance products.
- FinTech: Alternative Credit Analysis872 companies
Companies providing analytics products/services for the financial sector
- FinTech: Consensus Services197 companies
Companies involved in utilizing advanced technologies such as blockchain and smart contracts to transform the verification of financial agreements, enhancing trust and transparency in transaction processes
- FinTech: Crypto Asset Exchange547 companies
Companies developing/providing secure and user-friendly platforms for buying, selling, and exchanging cryptocurrencies
- FinTech: Digital Banks96 companies
Companies developing technologies and services that allow for the digitalisation of banking products or services
- FinTech: Digital Capital Raising955 companies
Companies developing/providing novel platforms and strategies that enable efficient and accessible capital acquisition for businesses and projects
- FinTech: Digital Custody504 companies
Companies dedicated to the development of digital products that provide robust and reliable solutions for safeguarding and managing digital assets.
- FinTech: Digital Identity355 companies
Companies supplying digital technologies aimed towards verifying identities in digital financial transactions.
- FinTech: Digital Lending967 companies
Companies producing digital platforms and technologies for lending services
- FinTech: Digital Payments1234 companies
Companies offering digital payments technologies
- FinTech: Digital Savings105 companies
Companies providing specialised cyber security services to financial institutions
- FinTech: Insurtech278 companies
Companies developing specialised digital products for the insurance sector
- FinTech: Regtech591 companies
Companies developing technologies that facilitate regulations and assets management
- FinTech: Tech for Enterprise1822 companies
Companies creating software products to financial institutions
- FinTech: Wealthtech765 companies
Companies creating software products to financial institutions
Companies developing food and drink processing technologies, taxonomy adapted from Forward Fooding.
- Food Tech: Agri Tech780 companies
Companies offering services and technologies that aim to increase farming efficiency and sustainability
- Food Tech: Consumer Products and Services666 companies
Companies developing apps and services that facilitate access to food and the information behind it.
- Food Tech: Food Delivery233 companies
Companies offering direct-to-consumers food delivery services on-demand.
- Food Tech: Food Processing412 companies
Companies providing products or services that leverage innovative techniques to process food or to improve food ingredients’ functionality
- Food Tech: Food Safety and Traceability317 companies
Companies supplying tech-powered solutions to sanitise machineries and other food processing equipment, assess products’ freshness and prolong their shelf-life.
- Food Tech: Food Surplus50 companies
Companies offering products and solutions that help reducing food waste.
- Food Tech: Kitchen Tech599 companies
Companies developing smart kitchen appliances for consumers as well as smart equipment or technologies that help restaurants managing their business more efficiently
- Food Tech: Next Generation Foods350 companies
Companies developing solutions and processes that leverage science and technology to create new types of foods and beverages.
Companies focused on the development, commercialisation, and advertising of video games and allied industries such as gaming events.
- Gaming: Enabling Technology224 companies
Companies producing software, platforms or devops for game developers
- Gaming: Game Development Studios1052 companies
Companies dedicated to the production of videogames
- Gaming: Immersive273 companies
Companies that produce immersive games and/or tech that enables immersive gaming
- Gaming: Media746 companies
Studios that provide animation, character design and/or music to game developers
- Gaming: Publishers542 companies
Companies dedicated to publishing and supplying videogames to the public
Companies working with geographical data in some form, including but not limited to; Data Capture, Data Processing and Visualisation, Geospatial and GIS Technologies, Navigation Technologies.
- Geospatial Economy: Data Capture2191 companies
Companies focused on the production of geospatial datasets
- Geospatial Economy: Data Processing and Visualisation1984 companies
Companies offering geolocation data processing and visualisation services
- Geospatial Economy: Geospatial and GIS Technologies608 companies
Companies providing Geographic Information System products
- Geospatial Economy: Navigation Technologies741 companies
Companies providing technologies and/or services that enable the collection, processing and analysis of navigation data
Companies and start-ups focused on the development, manufacturing, and delivery of Immersive Technologies, including Augmented Reality, Haptics, Hardware, the Metaverse and more.
- Immersive Technologies: 360°413 companies
Companies that transform live filmed content into an immersive 360-degree experience.
- Immersive Technologies: Architecture & Construction181 companies
Companies adapting immersive technologies for architectural design, property sale and construction activities.
- Immersive Technologies: Augmented Reality402 companies
Companies developing technology to enhance the real world by overlaying computer generated content.
- Immersive Technologies: Edtech313 companies
Companies applying immersive technologies in education.
- Immersive Technologies: Emerging Markets21 companies
Companies applying immersive technologies to a variety of non-traditional markets, like data analytics, 5G or the creation of digital humans.
- Immersive Technologies: Gaming161 companies
Companies developing immersive experiences and games utilising immersive technologies.
- Immersive Technologies: Haptics29 companies
Companies developing technologies that can create touch-based experiences to be used along other immersive technologies.
- Immersive Technologies: Hardware39 companies
Companies manufacturing the hardware that embeds immersive technology software.
- Immersive Technologies: Healthcare59 companies
Companies applying immersive technologies for the development of medical practice.
- Immersive Technologies: Manufacturing & Engineering106 companies
Companies developing immersive tools to aid in engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Immersive Technologies: Media283 companies
Companies developing media for Immersive Technologies, including animation, character development, sound effects and soundtracks.
- Immersive Technologies: Metaverse108 companies
Companies building the digital infrastructure and tools for the development of the metaverse as a digital space.
- Immersive Technologies: Mixed Reality362 companies
Companies developing technology in a similar way to Augmented Reality, with a concentration on interaction between real world and computer-generated objects.
- Immersive Technologies: Retail & Fashion47 companies
Companies applying immersive technologies in large retail complexes, E-commerce and fashion design and advertising.
- Immersive Technologies: Virtual Reality1064 companies
Companies providing technologies that allow for users’ complete immersion in an alternative environment.
- RTIC0081 In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing 1444 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Assembly511 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Debris70 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Inspection463 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Refueling163 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Servicing240 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Space Hardware102 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Space Manufacturing301 companies
- In-Orbit Servicing and Manufacturing: Space Software215 companies
Companies creating objects with the capability of communicating with each other and sharing data over the internet.
- Internet of Things: Connectivity PLatforms63 companies
Companies developing enabling platforms which allow and or foster connectivity between IoT devices
- Internet of Things: Energy Management213 companies
Companies developing IoT devices to gather data, control and/or manage energy management systems
- Internet of Things: Industrial IoT180 companies
Companies offering IoT used in industrial settings such as automation of assembly lines or other industrial settings.
- Internet of Things: Smart Cities and Transport237 companies
Companies supplying IoT devices used across transportation and mobility services, and to enable smart cities
- Internet of Things: e-Health248 companies
Companies providing IoT devices to the healthcare sector
Companies supporting land remediation process through brownfield restoration, remediation and project management services
- Land Remediation: Brownfield Regeneration392 companies
Companies regenerating the brown field sites to green infrastructure.
- Land Remediation: Regulatory Services533 companies
Companies assessing the objectives , risks and the output of the operation
- Land Remediation: Remediation Services1019 companies
Companies providing remediation services
- Legal Services: Business Structure and Regulation Advice1235 companies
- Legal Services: Consumer or Trading issues778 companies
- Legal Services: Crime519 companies
- Legal Services: Divorce1165 companies
- Legal Services: Employment1490 companies
- Legal Services: Family2053 companies
- Legal Services: General1851 companies
- Legal Services: Housing/Business premises issue420 companies
- Legal Services: Injury863 companies
- Legal Services: Intellectual Property805 companies
- Legal Services: Mediation481 companies
- Legal Services: SEN249 companies
- Legal Services: Tax & Finance1123 companies
- Legal Services: Wills, trusts, probate and estate administration2534 companies
- RTIC0078 Life Sciences 20920 companies
- Life Sciences: Biology and Biotech1159 companies
Companies working in the field of biology and biotechnology, may that be developing products or providing services.
- Life Sciences: Chemical Products and Services1095 companies
Companies working in the field of chemistry, developing products or providing services.
- Life Sciences: Environmental Sciences Products and Services3033 companies
Companies that work in the field of environmental monitoring, ecology, geography and/or any sector that directly investigates the state of inhabited territories
- Life Sciences: Human Health Services9913 companies
Companies providing health services
- Life Sciences: Life Sciences Manufacturing4729 companies
Companies that provide the technologies, products and services that enable manufacturing specialised life sciences materials
- Life Sciences: Research3357 companies
Companies that base their economic activity in Life Sciences research
- Life Sciences: Synthetic Biotechnology314 companies
Companies involved in the use and development of synthetic biotechnology products in areas such as agriculture , healthcare and environmental sustainability.
- RTIC0084 Marine and Maritime 7308 companies
Companies involved in shipping, logistics, port operations, offshore energy, fisheries, aquaculture, marine engineering, coastal management, marine research, and leisure marine activities.
- Marine and Maritime: Aquaculture397 companies
Companies involved in aquatic farming (fish, shellfish, algea), marine biology and environmental services.
- Marine and Maritime: Autonomy & Robotics784 companies
Companies involved in development of marine vessels and platforms designed for autonomous operation, autonmous control systems and technologies.
- Marine and Maritime: Cleanmaritime2897 companies
Companies developing sustainable practices and employing green technologies and solutions to minimize their ecological footprint in the maritime domain.
- Marine and Maritime: Leisure493 companies
Companies involved in luxury vessel design, manufacture, operation and chartering.
- Marine and Maritime: Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture1209 companies
Companies involved in design and manufacuture of marine systems.
- Marine and Maritime: Naval Defence173 companies
Companies involved in vessel design, construction, refitting, and maintenance for naval defence, search and rescue, and law enforcement services.
- Marine and Maritime: Ports Ecosystem889 companies
Companies involved in port operation and range of organisations within ports ecosystem such as energy infrastructure and logistics
- Marine and Maritime: Professional services2217 companies
Companies that support and provide administrative services to the marine and maritime industry, which includes insurance, trade associations, registry, legal, consultancy, data processing & cybersecurity.
- Marine and Maritime: Shipping – Container, bulk, RoRo, Tanker845 companies
Companies engaged in shipping container, bulk, and Roll-on/Roll-off (RoRo) chartering, as well as ship ownership and operations for bulk, container, gas, and tanker freight transport
- Marine and Maritime: Shipping – Cruise & Passenger338 companies
Companies involved in Cruise operation, logistics, supply chain and ferry transport of passengers
- Marine and Maritime: Shipping – Workboats1322 companies
Companies in the workboat sector, catering to offshore wind operations, anchor handling, marine civil construction, aquaculture, dredging, and seagoing towing
Companies developing or deploying medical devices and medical technologies.
- MedTech: Advanced Materials184 companies
Companies providing and/or using advanced materials in the development of new medical devices
- MedTech: Artificial Intelligence590 companies
Companies applying artificial intelligent products to medical devices
- MedTech: Extended Reality59 companies
Companies using virtual reality, augmented reality and/or mixed reality as aid in medical environments
- MedTech: Imaging299 companies
Companies developing new imaging medical devices
- MedTech: Monitoring Technologies151 companies
Companies producing technologies to enable telehealth and remote monitoring
- MedTech: Photonics211 companies
Companies applying photonics technology to the development of medical devices
- MedTech: Robotics189 companies
Companies applying robotics and automation technologies to medical devices
Companies involved with the distribution of information in any form or medium.
- Media and Publishing: Broadcasting Services1548 companies
Companies offering the technology and services that make broadcasting content possible.
- Media and Publishing: Printing Services3741 companies
Companies offering printing services
- Media and Publishing: Publishing Services2990 companies
Companies offering publishing services for printed media.
- Media and Publishing: Sound and Music production1658 companies
Companies engaged in sound recording and publishing.
- Media and Publishing: Video and Motion Graphics production2090 companies
Companies involved in the development of video content
Companies producing buildings or parts of buildings in factories for later assembly on site.
- Modular Construction: Off site construction286 companies
Companies supplying buildings constructed offsite that fulfil a temporal need (i.e., temporary office space)
- Modular Construction: Permanent Modular Buildings275 companies
Companies producing permanent infrastructures constructed off-site
- Modular Construction: Supply Chain537 companies
Companies part of the supply chain of materials for modular construction
Companies in the Net Zero Supply chain, which covers many industries working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. These include; Agritech, Building Technologies, Carbon Capture, Diversion of Biodegradable Waste from Landfill, Energy Cooperatives, Energy Storage, Green Finance, Grid, Heating, Low Carbon, Low Carbon Consultancy Advisory and Offsetting Services, Low Emission Vehicles, Pollution Control and Mitigation, Renewables, Renewable Energy Planning Database, Waste Management and Recycling.
- Net Zero: Agritech327 companies
Companies developing technologies and providing services transforming dominant/traditional agricultural practices.
- Net Zero: Building Technologies529 companies
Companies providing technology and services for increased energy efficiency in buildings.
- Net Zero: Carbon Capture212 companies
Companies dedicated to carbon capture, storage and utilisation.
- Net Zero: Diversion of Biodegradable Waste from Landfill1878 companies
Companies focusing on landfill management.
- Net Zero: Energy Cooperatives606 companies
Energy producers where citizens have control/ownership over the energy source.
- Net Zero: Energy Storage1825 companies
Companies providing services/technology to capture energy for use at a later time.
- Net Zero: Green Finance816 companies
Structured financial activity that’s been created to ensure a better environmental outcome.
- Net Zero: Grid573 companies
Organisations dedicated to energy management and energy infrastructure development/maintenance.
- Net Zero: Heating1175 companies
Companies offering services/technology for low carbon heating.
- Net Zero: Low Carbon Consultancy, Advisory & Offsetting Services1870 companies
Businesses providing environmental consultancy are producing a service for the low carbon economy.
- Net Zero: Low Carbon Energy Generation4632 companies
Companies providing energy from low carbon sources.
- Net Zero: Low Emission Vehicles1424 companies
Companies focusing on the development of technology and infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- Net Zero: Pollution Control and Mitigation471 companies
Companies providing services and technology for the mitigation pollution.
- Net Zero: Renewable Energy Planning Database10869 companies
Companies captured and/or similar to those identified in the Renewable Energy Planning Database.
- Net Zero: Renewables6205 companies
Companies providing energy from renewable sources.
- Net Zero: Waste Management and Recycling4429 companies
Companies dedicated to solid waste removal, management and processing.
Companies aiming at the collective characterisation and quantification of biological molecules that translate into the structure, function, and dynamics of an organism.
- Omics: Epigenomics57 companies
Companies providing services and/or products to study chemical tags in the genome
- Omics: Genomics305 companies
Companies providing services and/or products to investigate the genome
- Omics: Lipidomics26 companies
Companies focusing on the study of cellular lipids and associated products and/or services
- Omics: Metabolomics89 companies
Companies dedicated to the study of metabolites and to the provision of related products and/or services
- Omics: Proteomics101 companies
Companies focusing on researching the proteome (set of proteins produced by an organism or cell).
- Omics: Transcriptomics227 companies
Companies dedicated to the study of the transcriptome (RNA transcripts produced by the genome) and the provision of associated products/services
Companies providing new technologies and services to the pharmaceutical industry, largely in the develompent, testing, production, distribution, and marketing of medicines.
- Pharma: Additive Manufacturing152 companies
Companies using advanced manufacturing techniques (i.e., 3D printing) for the development of pharmaceutical products
- Pharma: Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain358 companies
Companies applying AI technology for the advancement of pharma research, products and/or services
- Pharma: Automation278 companies
Companies developing the technology and infrastructure for the automation of pharmaceutical processes and laboratories.
- Pharma: Pharma and BioPharma1305 companies
Companies dedicated to the production of pharmaceutical products and biotechnology research
- Pharma: Precision Medicine166 companies
Companies providing products and/or services that enable or enhance precision medicine techniques
- Pharma: Research and Data Analytics647 companies
Companies developing technologies for the facilitation of research and data analysis for pharmaceuticals and research centres
- Pharma: Targeted Therapies335 companies
Pharmaceutical companies dedicated to the advancement and supply of targeted therapeutics
Companies working with advanced optical technologies, often lasers, fibre optic cables, rapid data transmission, etc..
- Photonics: Industry 4.0308 companies
Companies providing products using photonics technology (i.e, light sensors) for smart factories
- Photonics: Microelectronics135 companies
Companies using advanced photonics technology (i.e, laser) for the manufacture of microelectronics
- Photonics: Optics356 companies
Companies developing specialised optical products
- Photonics: Photovoltaics261 companies
Companies producing photovoltaic technology and/or derived products
- Photonics: Quantum Tech229 companies
Companies applying photonics technology and knowledge into the development of quantum technologies
- Photonics: Smart Sensors341 companies
Companies supplying remote monitoring products that use photonics technology
- Photonics: Telecommunications188 companies
Companies applying photonics technology and knowledge to the development of telecommunications infrastructure, products and services
Companies involved in software, components, materials or expertise relating to quantum computing and relevant area of photonics.
- Quantum Economy: Components and Materials498 companies
Companies providing equipment, materials and raw resources to organisations dedicated to quantum research
- Quantum Economy: Photonics140 companies
Companies integrating photonics technology into quantum technologies
- Quantum Economy: Quantum Computing129 companies
Companies developing and manufacturing quantum computers
Companies aiding recovery of any physical , psychological , cognitive , vocational and speech impairment/disability
- Rehabilitation: Cognitive Rehabilitation266 companies
Companies aiding the recovery of individuals with nerological impairment
- Rehabilitation: Physical Rehabilitation1766 companies
Companies aiding the recovering for physical impairments / injuries
- Rehabilitation: Psychiatric Rehabilitation2445 companies
Companies supporting the recovery of mental health and emotional disorder/disability
- Rehabilitation: Speech and Language Rehabilitation251 companies
Companies helping patients with various speech, language and communication problems.
- Rehabilitation: Vocational Rehabilitation352 companies
Companies supporting individuals with disabilities to achieve their employment and individuals goals.
Companies providing complementary research and consulting services in the fields of environmental, life, physical sciences, and engineering.
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Achitectural Consulting3071 companies
Companies offering in consulting and advisory services for the architectural/construction sectors
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Architectural Research1754 companies
Companies involved in research for the architectural/construction sectors
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Engineering Consulting2427 companies
Companies providing consulting and advisory services for engineering and/or related processes
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Engineering Research1898 companies
Companies engaging in research for engineering and/or related processes
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Physical Sciences Consulting2095 companies
Companies providing consulting services for companies in the field of physical sciences
- Research and Consulting – Physical Sciences and Engineering: Physical Sciences Research2444 companies
Companies focused in research activity within the field of physical sciences
Companies designing or deploying devices or management systems related to those devices that enable products to sense their environment and respond or create data for further analysis.
- Sensors: Autonomous vehicles873 companies
Companies integrating photonics technology into quantum technologies
- Sensors: Environmental Monitoring1028 companies
Companies supplying sensors to measure weather, climate, environment and their conditions such as radiation, humidity or particles
- Sensors: Image and Video Analysis651 companies
Companies providing sensor technology that can capture and analyse motion, imaging or video
- Sensors: Industry 4.01243 companies
Companies developing sensors applied in industrial settings to collect data, automate processes or detect specific anomalies.
- Sensors: Medical641 companies
Companies manufacturing sensors in the field of healthcare, enabling remote patient monitoring and precision medicine
- Sensors: Mobility577 companies
Companies providing sensors that analyse movement and travelling objects (i.e., people counting sensors)
- RTIC0079 Software Development 7336 companies
- Software Development: API Development and Integration608 companies
Companies involved in the development of Application programming interface.
- Software Development: Cloud Computing1123 companies
Companies involved in cloud-based software development
- Software Development: Desktop404 companies
Companies involved in the development of applications that work on laptop and desktop devices.
- Software Development: DevOps605 companies
Companies specialising in DevOps Consulting.
- Software Development: Embedded Software491 companies
Companies involved in the software development of embedded systems.
- Software Development: Games Development701 companies
Companies involved in the development of video gaming applications.
- Software Development: Mobile Development1033 companies
Companies involved in the development of applications for smartphone devices.
- Software Development: Security Engineering2387 companies
Companies involved in security system development / Cyber security process development.
- Software Development: UI/UX Development534 companies
Companies involved in developing UI/UX design.
- Software Development: Web Development1079 companies
Companies involved in the development of browser-based applications.
Companies selling software subscriptions, often hosted in the cloud, either directly to consumers or to businesses.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Analytics718 companies
Companies producing SaaS platforms that facilitate data analytics processes
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Communications290 companies
Companies supplying SaaS platforms that facilitate communication between people
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Development756 companies
Companies providing specialised services to SaaS developers
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Finance and Accounting382 companies
Companies providing SaaS platforms applied within accounting and / or for financial purposes
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Healthcare242 companies
Companies developing SaaS platform for the healthcare sector
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Human Resources346 companies
Companies selling access to SaaS platform for HR departments
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Marketing599 companies
Companies offering SaaS platforms used to increase sales or support marketing processes.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Real Estate165 companies
Companies providing SaaS platforms for the real estate industry
Companies involved in the space industry including providing satellite services, launch services, governance, and fundamental research.
- Space Economy: Communications211 companies
Companies supplying technologies involved in providing inter-satellite or satellite to ground communications for data downlink.
- Space Economy: Cyber Security and Encryption101 companies
Companies developing technologies involved in the security of satellite data including cybersecurity software and cryptography.
- Space Economy: Data Infrastructures195 companies
Companies providing the technologies and infrastructure involved in the storage and processing of satellite data after downlink.
- Space Economy: Engineering220 companies
Companies building the equipment and facilities, and supplying services which enable the engineering, manufacturing, and testing of space systems.
- Space Economy: Exploration42 companies
Companies developing the technologies which enable human spaceflight activities for tourism, science, and exploration.
- Space Economy: Geospatial Analytics129 companies
Companies that possess analytics capabilities for optical imagery, radar imagery, and geolocation data.
- Space Economy: Geospatial Platforms155 companies
Companies delivering digital platforms which involve software to process, analyse, and access geospatial data.
- Space Economy: Ground Segment66 companies
Organisations providing the technologies and infrastructure involved in the ground segment of data downlink including ground stations, services, and terminals.
- Space Economy: Hardware343 companies
Companies producing space hardware, which includes satellites and space sub-systems for propulsion, thermal, mechanical, power, control, robotic, communications, and payloads.
- Space Economy: High Altitude Platforms22 companies
Organisations supplying aerial platforms which operate in the atmosphere and stratosphere including balloons, airships, drones, and other UAVs.
- Space Economy: In-orbit manufacturing199 companies
Organisations developing the technologies which enable in-orbit activities including research and manufacturing in microgravity.
- Space Economy: Launch Infrastructure85 companies
Organisations dedicated to the development of infrastructure enabling the operation of launch vehicles including launch pads, spaceports, and mission control facilities.
- Space Economy: Launch Services86 companies
Companies offering services enabling the design, testing, and operation of launching space missions.
- Space Economy: Launch Vehicles99 companies
Companies developing and supplying launch vehicles and sub-systems which include rockets, sub-orbital flight, and spaceplanes.
- Space Economy: Location and Connectivity305 companies
Companies supplying products which make use of satellite navigation and communications to provide location or connectivity services in downstream markets.
- Space Economy: Mapping373 companies
- Space Economy: Materials273 companies
Companies providing specialised materials involved in the manufacturing of space systems to provide structural, thermal, and propulsion properties.
- Space Economy: Resources11 companies
Organisations dedicated to the development of technologies which enable the discovery and exploitation of space resources including solar power and asteroid mining.
- Space Economy: Satellite Constellations72 companies
Companies that own and/or manage satellites or satellite constellations.
- Space Economy: Software155 companies
Companies providing and using software that facilitates the design, manufacturing, and operation of space systems including launch vehicles, satellites, and other spacecraft.
- Space Economy: Space Ecosystem210 companies
Organisations involved in space governance, research, and business ecosystems.
- Space Economy: Space Infrastructure9 companies
Organisations building the infrastructure enabling the operation and logistics of in-orbit systems including space stations and satellites.
- RTIC0082 Space Energy 1100 companies
Space energy companies are involved in the research, development, and commercialization of technologies and systems that can generate, transmit, and store energy in space.
- Space Energy: Ground Segment174 companies
- Space Energy: Operations Management342 companies
- Space Energy: Power Core644 companies
- Space Energy: Reflector82 companies
- Space Energy: Space Infrastructure74 companies
Companies working with technologies and services that allow users to access content directly transmitted from the internet
- Streaming Economy: Enabling Tech195 companies
Companies developing the infrastructure and technologies that allow content streaming
- Streaming Economy: Immersive Tech118 companies
Companies developing the technology for immersive content streaming
- Streaming Economy: Live Streaming280 companies
Companies offering live streaming services and/or servers
- Streaming Economy: On Demand Streaming231 companies
Companies offering on-demand content to platform users
- Streaming Economy: Realtime Data Stream119 companies
Companies providing technology and services that enable real-time data streaming
Companies that optimise logistics often by tracking products and improving operational efficiency across supply chains through innovative technology or processes.
- Supply Chain Logistics: Artificial Intelligence320 companies
Companies applying AI technology to supply chain control and data analytics
- Supply Chain Logistics: Automation300 companies
Companies introducing automation technologies into supply chain processes
- Supply Chain Logistics: Blockchain and Digital Twins74 companies
Companies providing specialised blockchain or digital twin services for logistics
- Supply Chain Logistics: Freight Tracking Tech400 companies
Companies developing tracking technology for freight monitoring
- Supply Chain Logistics: Management Platforms572 companies
Companies selling software and digital platforms that allow for supply chain data management and storage
- Supply Chain Logistics: Service Providers3183 companies
Companies supplying supply chain and logistics services
- Supply Chain Logistics: Supply Chain Visibility250 companies
Companies developing technology, often related to IoT, for the real-time acquisition of supply chain data
Companies involved in; 5G Radio Access Network, Broadcasting, Fibre Connectivity, Network Providers, Satellite Communications, Site Services, Wireless Connectivity.
- Telecommunications: 5G Radio Access Network296 companies
Companies specialised in the development of 5G technology and networks.
- Telecommunications: Broadcasting1021 companies
Companies dedicated to the distribution of audio-visual content (digital and analogue) / bilateral communication techniques.
- Telecommunications: Fibre Connectivity2006 companies
Companies involved in the administration/development of fibre networks.
- Telecommunications: Network Providers1620 companies
Network connectivity suppliers.
- Telecommunications: Satellite Communications633 companies
Companies focused on the development/maintenance of satellite-based connectivity.
- Telecommunications: Site Services2025 companies
Companies dedicated to the development/maintenance/administration of infrastructures that provide telecommunication services to geographic zones.
- Telecommunications: Wireless Connectivity1367 companies
Companies involved in the administration/development of wireless networks.
Companies creating or deploying wearable devices and other technologies that collect data about the wearer such as fitness and sleep and provide insight via analysis.
- Wearables and Quantified Self: Apps181 companies
Companies developing apps for self-tracking of data acquired by wearable devices
- Wearables and Quantified Self: Enabling Tech123 companies
Companied producing the technologies (i.e., sensors) that enable wearable devices
- Wearables and Quantified Self: Fitness Tracking79 companies
Companies manufacturing wearable devices for fitness tracking
- Wearables and Quantified Self: Medical264 companies
Companies developing wearable devices for health tracking
Can’t find a specific RTIC or industry?
Let’s build it! As well as access to our existing database of 350+ RTICs, we can also help you and your organisation build bespoke custom classifications and map new emerging sectors in our platform. Get in touch today to find out more.
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs “Stian Westlake CEO Royal Statistical Society