Understand the UK’s Digital Creative Industries and the companies using new technologies in creative markets such as advertising, film and music. View sector insights, key metrics and download our free report today.
Get this Data
What do we mean by Digital Creative Industries? Whilst the digital and creative sectors are distinct in their own right, the Digital Creative Industry encompasses companies utilising both activities. This includes those using new technologies and digital practices in creative markets such as advertising, film, design and music.
The UK’s Digital Creative Industries are very broad and range from companies working within marketing and design to those using technology within architecture and performing arts organisations.
Digital Creative Industries sector summary
Key information you should know about the Digital Creative Industries sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Digital Creative Industries has turnover of £7.95bn, meaning it is our 48th largest RTIC, and our 17th fastest growing sector.
- The Digital Creative Industries sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- On average the roles advertised in this sector are 19.52% lower than the UK’s average salary.
Digital Creative Industries verticals
Our Digital Creative Industries RTIC is made up of 8 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Advertising, Architecture, Culture and Heritage. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0064 Digital Creative Industries 12190 companies
Companies using new technologies in creative markets such as advertising, film, and music.
- Digital Creative Industries: Advertising3360 companies
Companies using digital technologies for advertising and marketing campaigns, products or services
- Digital Creative Industries: Architecture3310 companies
Companies using computer aided design (CAD) software and similar technology for architecture
- Digital Creative Industries: Culture and Heritage134 companies
Companies providing digital technologies to culture and heritage sites to enhance visitors’ experience
- Digital Creative Industries: Design3128 companies
Companies applying digital tools for design purposes
- Digital Creative Industries: Entertainment and Performing Arts1649 companies
Companies using digital technologies for the production and/or enhancement of entertainment products and performances
- Digital Creative Industries: Non-fungible Tokens67 companies
Companies involved in the production of NFTs and digital art
- Digital Creative Industries: Photography1721 companies
Companies applying digital tools for photography production or post-production
- Digital Creative Industries: Streaming439 companies
Companies offering streaming services and infrastructure for the distribution of digital content
Digital Creative Industries industry growth
We estimate that the UK Digital Creative Industries sector could be worth approximately £10.9bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Digital Creative Industries report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Digital Creative Industries with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Digital Creative Industries.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY