Get closer to the UK’s emerging Streaming Economy and the companies investing in live streaming, on-demand services and more with our Real-Time Industrial Classification (RTIC) data. View our sector summary, see growth potential and download our free report today.
Get this Data
When we talk about the UK’s Streaming Economy, we’re referring to companies that stream or enable the streaming of content from the internet.
This includes technology developed to support the streaming infrastructure, live streaming services, real-time data steaming, as well as the companies offering on-demand content through streaming platforms.
Streaming Economy sector summary
Key information you should know about the Streaming Economy sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Streaming Economy has turnover of £18.16bn, meaning it is our 37th largest RTIC, and our 47th fastest growing sector.
- The Streaming Economy sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
Streaming Economy verticals
Our Streaming Economy RTIC is made up of 5 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Enabling Tech, Immersive Tech, Live Streaming. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0060 Streaming Economy 677 companies
Companies working with technologies and services that allow users to access content directly transmitted from the internet
- Streaming Economy: Enabling Tech195 companies
Companies developing the infrastructure and technologies that allow content streaming
- Streaming Economy: Immersive Tech118 companies
Companies developing the technology for immersive content streaming
- Streaming Economy: Live Streaming280 companies
Companies offering live streaming services and/or servers
- Streaming Economy: On Demand Streaming231 companies
Companies offering on-demand content to platform users
- Streaming Economy: Realtime Data Stream119 companies
Companies providing technology and services that enable real-time data streaming
Streaming Economy industry growth
We estimate that the UK Streaming Economy sector could be worth approximately £20.5bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Streaming Economy report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Streaming Economy industry with our free 2022 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Streaming Economy.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY