Understand the UK’s AdTech industry and the companies shaping the future of advertising through our unbeatable real-time sector data and trends.
Get this Data
What does AdTech mean? Well in short, AdTech means Advertising Technology – a term used to describe the software and technology advertisers use to launch, deliver, monitor, and measure the effectiveness of their digital campaigns.
AdTech companies range from analytics software and data management services to programmatic platforms and ad exchange marketplaces.
AdTech sector summary
Key information you should know about the AdTech sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- AdTech has turnover of £10.27bn, meaning it is our 35th largest RTIC, and our 21st fastest growing sector.
- The AdTech sector is one of our top 10 sectors for overall venture capital funding.
- The AdTech sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
Our AdTech RTIC is made up of 5 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as AdExchange, Advertisers, Data Management and Analysis. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0001 AdTech 782 companies
Companies that create technology and SaaS platforms that marketers use to target, design, deliver and review the effectiveness of their advertising.
- AdTech: AdExchange84 companies
Companies creating a digital marketplace where advertisers and publishers can interact
- AdTech: Advertisers133 companies
Companies providing technology enabling advertisers to reach audiences and offer products/services
- AdTech: Data Management and Analysis623 companies
Companies offering online platforms that support data analytics and management for advertisers and publishers
- AdTech: Programmatic Platforms191 companies
Companies providing online platforms that automatically buy and sell online advertising
- AdTech: Publishers174 companies
Companies that offer technology to those that sell or hire online space for advertisement purposes
AdTech industry growth
We estimate that the UK AdTech sector could be worth almost £12bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free AdTech report
Dig deeper into the UK’s AdTech industry with our free 2022 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including AdTech.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY