Discover the UK’s Supply Chain Logistics industry through innovative company data, financials, market growth information, key trends, statistics and download our free RTIC report.
Get this Data
With the scale of modern supply chains, and the many companies and organisations that are part of a product’s journey to market, the Supply Chain Logistics industry is vital for effective and efficient trade in the UK.
Whether it’s companies that specialise in innovative tracking products or companies that develop management software, today’s Supply Chain Logistics sector is extremely diverse. Made up of logistic experts and businesses driving operational efficiency across supply chains through tech or other processes, it’s an industry dedicated to problem solving and delivering cost-saving services.
Supply Chain Logistics sector summary
Key information you should know about the Supply Chain Logistics sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Supply Chain Logistics has turnover of £80.17bn, meaning it is our 13th largest RTIC, and our 28th fastest growing sector.
- The Supply Chain Logistics sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- On average the roles advertised in this sector are 28.48% lower than the UK’s average salary.
Supply Chain Logistics verticals
Our Supply Chain Logistics RTIC is made up of 7 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain and Digital Twins. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0031 Supply Chain Logistics 3537 companies
Companies that optimise logistics often by tracking products and improving operational efficiency across supply chains through innovative technology or processes.
- Supply Chain Logistics: Artificial Intelligence320 companies
Companies applying AI technology to supply chain control and data analytics
- Supply Chain Logistics: Automation300 companies
Companies introducing automation technologies into supply chain processes
- Supply Chain Logistics: Blockchain and Digital Twins74 companies
Companies providing specialised blockchain or digital twin services for logistics
- Supply Chain Logistics: Freight Tracking Tech400 companies
Companies developing tracking technology for freight monitoring
- Supply Chain Logistics: Management Platforms572 companies
Companies selling software and digital platforms that allow for supply chain data management and storage
- Supply Chain Logistics: Service Providers3183 companies
Companies supplying supply chain and logistics services
- Supply Chain Logistics: Supply Chain Visibility250 companies
Companies developing technology, often related to IoT, for the real-time acquisition of supply chain data
Supply Chain Logistics industry growth
We estimate that the UK Supply Chain Logistics sector could be worth approximately £102.8bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Supply Chain Logistics report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Supply Chain Logistics economy with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Supply Chain Logistics industry.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY