UK Agency Market
Discover the UK’s emerging Agency Market. Get a closer look at the country’s leading marketing, advertising, creative and digital agencies with our trusted Real-Time Industrial Classification (RTICs) data and trends.
Get this Data
What is the Agency Market?
What does the Agency Market mean? Well, when we refer to the Agency Market at The Data City, we’re describing the sector in the UK made up of marketing, advertising, and creative agencies.
This broad industry includes agencies providing both B2B and B2C services and expertise across marketing (social media, PR), design (branding, user experience) and other areas of digital (including analytics, E-commerce).
Agency Market sector summary
Key information you should know about the Agency Market sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- The Agency Market sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- Agency Market has turnover of £13.72bn, meaning it is our 37th largest RTIC, and our 9th fastest growing sector.
- On average the roles advertised in this sector are 4.04% lower than the UK’s average salary
Agency Market verticals
Our Agency Market RTIC is made up of 10 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Analytics, Branding, Creative. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0072 Agency Market 14577 companies
Companies providing marketing, advertising and product promotion and sales services.
- Agency Market: Analytics521 companies
Companies providing analytics products or services oriented to marketing purposes.
- Agency Market: Branding3281 companies
Companies offering products or services aimed towards the definition and reinforcement of commercial brands
- Agency Market: Creative3704 companies
Companies specialised in the design of strategies and resources (i.e., imagery or video) to attract audiences.
- Agency Market: Customer Relationship Management435 companies
Companies providing services, tactics and technologies to improve the interaction between businesses and clients.
- Agency Market: Digital Transformation222 companies
Companies focused on the desing of technologies and implementation strategies for further digitalisation of marketing practices.
- Agency Market: E-commerce platforms2342 companies
Companies providing services and technologies to allow third parties to sell online.
- Agency Market: Performance Marketing3373 companies
Companies providing digital marketing products such as Pay Per Click, Search Engine Optimisation or Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- Agency Market: Public Relations1825 companies
Companies designing strategic communications to maintain and strengthen the links with clients and audiences.
- Agency Market: Social Media804 companies
Companies specialised in the commercialisation of products and services through social media platforms.
- Agency Market: User Experience1668 companies
Companies dedicated to the study, design and publicitation of products from the point of view of the consumer.
Agency Market industry growth
We estimate that the UK Agency Market sector could be worth approximately £20.6bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Agency Market report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Agency Market sector with our free 2022 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs)
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Agency Market.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY