Get to know the UK’s Electronics Manufacturing industry and the companies that design, integrate or manufacture electronics. View company data, industry trends, market size, financials and download our free sector report today.
Get this Data
Electronics Manufacturing covers everything involved in the design and production of electronic products and microelectronics. The industry also includes companies that provide services for the electronic industry, such as those that specialise in component repair and equipment supply.
Today, the UK’s Electronics Manufacturing sector includes a wide range of companies and organisations. Examples of companies include those building communication devices, computer hardware, circuit boards, optical devices and medical electrical equipment.
Electronics Manufacturing sector summary
Key information you should know about the Electronics Manufacturing sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Electronics Manufacturing has turnover of £66.31bn, meaning it is our 19th largest RTIC, and our 40th fastest growing sector.
- The Electronics Manufacturing sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- On average the roles advertised in this sector are 19.43% lower than the UK’s average salary.
Electronics Manufacturing verticals
Our Electronics Manufacturing RTIC is made up of 8 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Communications, Computer manufacture, Electronic components and boards. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0067 Electronics Manufacturing 7212 companies
Companies that design, integrate or manufacture electronics, especially microelectronics, or that provide allied services to the electronics industry.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Communications2129 companies
Companies producing communications equipment and infrastructures
- Electronics Manufacturing: Computer manufacture775 companies
Companies manufacturing the building blocks of computers, accessories. Companies assembling computers.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Electromedical technologies540 companies
Companies producing professional medical electrical equipment
- Electronics Manufacturing: Electronic components and boards1047 companies
Companies involved in the manufacturing of electronic components and boards (printed circuit boards, systems on chip, FPGAs, ASICs)
- Electronics Manufacturing: Energy generation or distribution tech849 companies
Companies manufacturing and supplying different equipment for energy distribution and management
- Electronics Manufacturing: Measuring and metrology devices1387 companies
Companies dedicated to the manufacture of measuring instruments
- Electronics Manufacturing: Optical devices548 companies
Companies involved in the manufacture of optics products and components.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Repair services1049 companies
Organisations providing the technologies and infrastructure involved in the ground segment of data downlink including ground stations, services, and terminals.
Electronics Manufacturing industry growth
We estimate that the UK Electronics Manufacturing sector could be worth approximately £79.9bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Electronics Manufacturing report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Electronics Manufacturing Economy with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Electronics Manufacturing industry.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY