Learn more about the UK’s emerging Geospatial Economy and the companies working with geographical data across navigational technologies, data capture and more with our unbeatable real-time sector data and trends.
Get this Data
The Geospatial industry or economy consists of a range of companies, start-ups and organisations who work with technology or provide services to capture, process, analyse, visualise or store geographic data across the UK.
Geospatial companies in the UK range from those developing proprietary Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and indoor mapping solutions right the way through to those specialising in 3d visualisation and data processing.
Geospatial Economy sector summary
Key information you should know about the Geospatial Economy sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Geospatial Economy has turnover of £10.67bn, meaning it is our 33rd largest RTIC, and our 34th fastest growing sector.
- The Geospatial Economy sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- Geospatial Economy is in our top 10 for regional diversity.
Geospatial Economy verticals
Our Geospatial Economy RTIC is made up of 4 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Data Capture, Data Processing and Visualisation, Geospatial and GIS Technologies. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0008 Geospatial Economy 3842 companies
Companies working with geographical data in some form, including but not limited to; Data Capture, Data Processing and Visualisation, Geospatial and GIS Technologies, Navigation Technologies.
- Geospatial Economy: Data Capture2191 companies
Companies focused on the production of geospatial datasets
- Geospatial Economy: Data Processing and Visualisation1984 companies
Companies offering geolocation data processing and visualisation services
- Geospatial Economy: Geospatial and GIS Technologies608 companies
Companies providing Geographic Information System products
- Geospatial Economy: Navigation Technologies741 companies
Companies providing technologies and/or services that enable the collection, processing and analysis of navigation data
Geospatial Economy industry growth
We estimate that the UK Geospatial Economy sector could be worth almost £12bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.2%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Geospatial Economy report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Geospatial Economy with our free 2022 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Geospatial Economy.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY