Discover the UK’s Energy Storage industry and the companies designing and producing innovative technologies to store electricity. View company data, industry trends, market size, growth stats, financials and download our free sector report today.
Get this Data
Energy Storage is the capture of energy to be stored and used at a later date. There are many forms of Energy Storage and different practices used today including hydrogen, thermal, mechanical and battery storage.
With a focus on renewable energy and the modernisation of electric grids, the UK Energy Storage industry is thriving, with companies developing new innovative technologies and methods to store electricity or heat.
Energy Storage sector summary
Key information you should know about the Energy Storage sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Energy Storage has turnover of £20.43bn, meaning it is our 35th largest RTIC, and our 14th fastest growing sector.
- The Energy Storage sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- On average the roles advertised in this sector are 12.94% lower than the UK’s average salary.
Energy Storage verticals
Our Energy Storage RTIC is made up of 5 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Batteries, Hydrogen, Mechanical. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0013 Energy Storage 3199 companies
Companies designing and producing innovative technologies to store electricity or heat that has been previously produced.
- Energy Storage: Batteries2747 companies
Companies engaging in the production and development of battery technology.
- Energy Storage: Hydrogen435 companies
Companies using hydrogen as a resource for energy storage.
- Energy Storage: Mechanical524 companies
Companies providing the infrastructure and products that enable mechanical energy storage
- Energy Storage: Thermal120 companies
Companies providing the infrastructure and products that enable thermal energy storage.
- Energy Storage: Uninterruptible power supply209 companies
Companies developing the technologies and related products to build infrastructures that allow for uninterrupted energy supply
Energy Storage industry growth
We estimate that the UK Energy Storage sector could be worth approximately £33.1bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Energy Storage report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Energy Storage Economy with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Energy Storage industry.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY