UK Legal Services Industry
Find out more about the UK’s Legal Services industry and the companies and firms providing family, employment, financial and other law services. View company data, industry trends, market size, financials and download our free sector report today.
Get this Data
What is the Legal Services industry?
Legal Services refers to any legal service provided – including advice, consultancy or assistance – in any branch of law by a lawyer, barrister, solicitor or legal firm.
The UK Legal Services sector is a vibrant and expansive one, offering a wide range of legal services to businesses, individuals and public sector organisations alike. Not only does the Legal Services sector provide essential advice, consultancy and assistance to clients in relation to their legal needs, but the sector is also a major job creator, employing thousands of legal professionals across the country.
The UK Legal Services sector has long been one of the country’s biggest employers and contributors to the economy, with lawyers, barristers and solicitors providing a vital service to their clients. The sector can be divided into several different sub-sectors, including corporate and commercial law, employment law, family law, crime, regulation and property law, to name but a few.
Legal Services sector summary
Key information you should know about the Legal Services sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Legal Services has turnover of £91.04bn, meaning it is our 11th largest RTIC, and our 37th fastest growing sector.
- The Legal Services sector is one of the top 10 fastest growing recipients of Innovate UK grants.
Legal Services verticals
Our Legal Services RTIC is made up of 14 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Business Structure and Regulation Advice , Consumer or Trading issues, Crime. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0076 Legal Services 10901 companies
- Legal Services: Business Structure and Regulation Advice1235 companies
- Legal Services: Consumer or Trading issues778 companies
- Legal Services: Crime519 companies
- Legal Services: Divorce1165 companies
- Legal Services: Employment1490 companies
- Legal Services: Family2053 companies
- Legal Services: General1851 companies
- Legal Services: Housing/Business premises issue420 companies
- Legal Services: Injury863 companies
- Legal Services: Intellectual Property805 companies
- Legal Services: Mediation481 companies
- Legal Services: SEN249 companies
- Legal Services: Tax & Finance1123 companies
- Legal Services: Wills, trusts, probate and estate administration2534 companies
Legal Services industry growth
We estimate that the UK Legal Services sector could be worth approximately £102bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Legal Services report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Legal Services economy with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs)
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Legal Services industry.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY