UK Business Support Services Industry
Discover the UK’s Business Support Services industry and the companies providing employment, cleaning, office and other labour services to UK businesses. View company data, industry trends, market size, financials and download our free sector report today.
Get this Data
What are Business Support Services?
The Business Support Services industry comprises a wide range of companies, agencies and organisations offering a variety of services for businesses.
These services can include temporary, contract or permanent staffing solutions; office and administrative support, human resources, landscaping, cleaning services, security and access control solutions, transport and vehicle rental, document management and archiving, office supplies and equipment, and other miscellaneous business support services.
Companies in this industry may work with individuals, businesses, government agencies and other organisations to provide a comprehensive range of solutions and services. The UK Business Support Services industry is highly competitive and requires companies to stay ahead of the curve in terms of technology and customer service. Companies must also be highly organised and efficient to remain profitable in an increasingly complex and competitive environment.
Business Support Services sector summary
Key information you should know about the Business Support Services sector from our AI-driven platform of over 5 million companies:
- Business Support Services has turnover of £65.94bn, meaning it is our 15th largest RTIC, and our 43rd fastest growing sector.
- The Business Support Services sector has not received additional investor attention in recent years and the amount of venture capital funding is not increasing as fast as our other emerging economy sectors.
- The amount of Innovate UK grants is not increasing as fast in the Business Support Services sector, as our other emerging economy sectors.
Business Support Services verticals
Our Business Support Services RTIC is made up of 6 individual industry verticals, including verticals such as Employment and Recruitment Services, Landscaping and Cleaning Services, Machinery Rental Services. You can find out more about the verticals by buying a report, visualising the sector on our platform, or by downloading the data.
- Sector Code Description Records
- RTIC0069 Business Support Services 35922 companies
Companies providing services that facilitate the activity of third party businesses.
- Business Support Services: Employment and Recruitment Services11912 companies
Companies offering recruitment services
- Business Support Services: Landscaping and Cleaning Services11239 companies
Companies specialised in providing services to buildings and landscaping activities
- Business Support Services: Machinery Rental Services1895 companies
Companies leasing machinery for professional/industrial purposes
- Business Support Services: Office Support Services7557 companies
Companies offering support services for office environments
- Business Support Services: Security Services6156 companies
Companies providing physical security services and security systems
- Business Support Services: Vehicle Rental Services911 companies
Companies offering car, light motor vehicle and van/truck rentals
Business Support Services industry growth
We estimate that the UK Business Support Services sector could be worth approximately £69.7bn by 2027, based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.1%. Below you can see the five year turnover forecast for the RTIC from 2023 to 2027.
Get your free Business Support Services report
Dig deeper into the UK’s Business Support Services Economy with our free 2023 RTIC report, which includes:
– Summary of RTIC data & industry performance
– Overview of key verticals
– Geographic analysis & breakdown
– Key insights & trends
Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs)
At The Data City we’re mapping the emerging economy through accurate and reliable real-time data. We’ve produced Real-Time Industrial Classifications (RTICs) for some of the UK’s fastest growing sectors, across over 350 industry verticals, including the Business Support Services industry.
Discover more RTICs and access our other free reports today.
Who we work with
National / local government, councils & LEPs
Venture Capital, Private Equity & M&A teams
Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
“ Through this visual mapping project, Greater Manchester will be able to showcase our success in the digital sector. “Andy Burnham | MAYOR GREATER MANCHESTER
“ Working with The Data City has been a pleasure and particularly helpful for understanding newer and emerging businesses. “JOSHUA HAWKINS, LEAD OFFICER INTERNATIONAL | MIDLANDS ENGINE
“ If you care about technology driven economic growth, you should care about RTICs. “STIAN WESTLAKE | CEO ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY